Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amazing Grace


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMVxzEueJ6A

Listen to this song and imagine fighting for your life, alone, unable to receive comfort from those you love, stricken with illness and being taken to the hospital in chains and shackles and handcuffs (from a crime you did not commit) to be treated by people who judge and despise your presence there. It must be a humbling experience to be one of "them" when you use to serve as a paramedic! God has not hidden his eye from any part or detail of this story. Good things will come out of this. Good things that will touch the world! God speed for a quick recovery.
We find comfort, strength, hope and purpose in these words:
Even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled! But in your hearts set apart Christ as LORD. Always be ready to give an answer to those who ask you for a reason for the hope that is in you, but do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may they be ashamed of their slander. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ died for sins once for all, the just and the unjust to bring us to God. I Peter 3:14-18

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You, God, for giving Rex strength and courage to face the humiliation of the contempt of medical staff as they treated him (whom they falsely assumed was a despicable criminal of the worst sort). Even as he, uncomfortably was returned to his prison in public shame with leg irons and handcuffs, still very ill, he lamented his inability to be with his wife he loves to comfort her as she grieves alone over her dying father. He still longs to be able to help the 'girls' whom he still loves and forgives. Like the Biblical Joseph falsely accused of rape in Pharoah's prison, my friend is a prince among decent and honorable men forced to endure undeserved scorn and revilement by those unaware of the truth. I pray, my Father, for TRUTH and JUSTICE to triumph...even yet. In Jesus' name...
From one of God's prayer intercessor's

Anonymous said...

You gotta LOVE this story of God's Amazing Grace!

It gives us HOPE!
http://news.aol.com/article/rape-victim-convicted-man/375591

Anonymous said...

Picking Cotton
Posted: March 6, 2009 5:36 pm


“Picking Cotton,” a new book by exoneree Ronald Cotton and crime victim Jennifer-Thompson Cannino, tells a moving story of misidentification and wrongful conviction – and the crusade for reform that followed Cotton’s exoneration.

Cotton and Thompson-Cannino were featured on National Public Radio today and CBS News’ “60 Minutes” will tell their story on Sunday night at 7 p.m.

Order your copy of the book, and learn more about the case and the pair’s friendship and crusade for criminal justice reform.

Wrongfully Accused! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
weathering a storm said...

I ran across this site several months ago after having been accused of something I would never even consider doing. Am I being wrongfully accused? Yes, I am. Am I devasted? Only those who find themselves caught up in a similar (and apparently all too common) situation can imagine! First, I want to thank the creators of this site. The information, inspiration and encouragement I've found here has been a priceless resource! Also I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with each of you! While I sincerely believe our "innocent until proven guilty" system of justice is the best on the planet, I become more amazed, and shocked, each day that, although I am innocent of these allegations, the cards seemed stacked against me! I am a man of faith. Some days I'm sure I can endure. Other days, I wonder. Again, I'm very grateful you've chosen to share something so important and so personal with others! I welcome any information about other websites, blogs or correspondence that might prove helpful. May God bless each of you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brad's unfortunate story said...

This is another story of bogus false accusations from a mixed up kid with issues. Very similar rundown and process of injustice. Denying to the jury the multiple versions of the story that shows how flaky the whole story is.! Zealous prosecutors and detectives exploiting a explosive topic in the media today!